Site Icons are shown across WordPress.com, in your visitor’s browser tab, in widgets like Blogs I Follow, and as a bookmark and home screen app icon when saved to a browser or phone. Here are several examples:
You can upload a site icon by following these steps:
- Tap on the default icon to the left of your Site Title.
- Click on YES, when prompted to add a site icon.
- Choose an existing image or upload a new one.
- Tap the check icon to confirm your selection.
- Then tap the the check icon when you’re happy with the icon.
It may take a few hours before you see your new site icon in a web browser. In case the icon does not update in a web browser, you can also try clearing your browser’s cache.