On WordPress.com sites, you can add users to your site by sending invitations. To send an invitation, you’ll need these two pieces of information:
- A person’s username or email address
- The role that you’d like a person to have on your site
How to Invite People
- Select the My Sites icon in the navigation bar.
- Select the “People” section.
- Tap the plus (+) icon in the top right.
- Enter the username or email address of the person you want to invite.
- Select the role you want that person to have on your site.
- Optional: Add a custom message that will be included in the invitation.
- Tap “Send” (on Android) or “Invite” (on iOS) in the top right to send the invitation.
After sending the invitation, the person that you invited will receive an invitation email. Once the user clicks the “Accept Invitation” button in that email, they will be added to your site.
User RolesUser roles determine the access level or permissions of a person authorized (invited by an Administrator) to use a WordPress.com site.
- Administrator – nothing is off limits
- Editor – has access to all posts, pages, comments, categories, tags, and links.
- Author – can write, upload photos to, edit, and publish their own posts.
- Contributor – has no publishing or uploading capability, but can write and edit their own posts until they are published
- Follower (public sites) / Viewer (private sites only) – can read and comment on posts and pages
Each user role is capable of everything that a less powerful role is capable of. (In other words, Editors can do everything Authors can do, Authors can do everything Contributors can do, and so on.)
You can read more about user roles here