WordPress for BlackBerry version 126.96.36.199 has been released to BlackBerry App World.
WordPress for BlackBerry 188.8.131.52 is a security update that also improves the communication layer within the app. To store your credentials, the app is now using a completely different, strongly encrypted storage model. Due to these changes, we’ve held back on developing new features in this release to make sure the transition to the new storage model is as smooth as possible. While the app should transfer your credentials to the new storage model, you might be forced to re-add your blogs/sites when updating. (Draft posts will not be erased, so once you have re-added a blog the old drafts should become visible again.)
Other changes include:
- You can now select which type of the Media API that should be used for uploading photos and videos.
- Added the Preview for Private Posts/Pages
- Improved the preview screen, which is now using the BlackBerry browser or any browser installed on your device.
- Fix for VideoPress issue when uploading multiple videos #181.
- Fix for app permission issues that could freeze the app if all permissions are not set to Allow #179.
- Fix for postID that are bigger than the XML-RPC specification #180.
- Improved the communication layer.
- Improved the XML-RPC calls.
- Fix for post/page comments setting that allow people to post comments on new articles created using the app #163.
- Other minor changes.
Do you have questions or feedback on how we can make the app better? Please visit the WordPress for BlackBerry forums and tell us your thoughts! Also make sure to a follow @WPBlackBerry on Twitter for the latest news and updates.
Note: Depending on your region or country, you may not see the latest version in BlackBerry App World yet. However, the new release should be available for download on your device starting today.