We’ve focused on the feedback we’ve gotten from the past two releases to make 2.6.4 the most stable release of WordPress for iOS in a long time. This version cures numerous bugs and has been tested especially carefully in two areas: Media Uploader and Post Write/Edit.
The last WordPress for iOS version (2.6.3) introduced a bug where the app would save line breaks inconsistently in the code, and also remove line breaks when editing posts. These bugs have been resolved.
We think we’ve also fixed many of the issues around the Media Uploader (before if you uploaded many pictures it sometimes wouldn’t work or even crash the app). Now we’re able to upload tons of images without the app crashing, we’re really hoping it works better for all of you as well.
As always though – please let us know if not! We’re making this app for you, and your feedback is invaluable.
WordPress for iOS 2.6.4 Bug Fixes
The new WordPress for iOS Update is available now in the App Store and fixes 20+ bugs & crashes.
- Added option to set any size to uploaded pictures.
- Media list is now ascending, makes it easier if you have a lot of content.
The Next Version
We hope you like the updates, but we were unable to fix all of the issues in this release. We’re already working hard on 2.6.5 to continue on the bug crusade. On a very high level, this is the plan for 2.6.5 currently:
- Priority #1 is always to fix the issues you are reporting, so go ahead and download 2.6.4 and tell us your thoughts!
- The rare duplication of content bug (some of you have reported that new posts sometimes inherits details from previous posts). We got a good lead on this.
- Media uploader sometimes scales up small images if Original size is chosen.
- Managing Pages in WordPress for iOS is a really bad experience, which we want to improve overall.