Just a month ago, WordPress for iPhone 2 was released. In that month, it’s been installed on over 55,000 iPhones and iPods. Today, we received word that WordPress for iPhone 2.1 is available now for download on the App Store. No special notes about installation this time — just update and enjoy.
New in version 2.1:
- A post or page can be deleted by swiping across its title in the Posts or Pages list
- Commenter email addresses are now visible
- The app now supports HTTP authentication for password-protected self-hosted blogs. Big thanks to Jeff Stieler for the patch.*
- Fix for link helper not working in mid-sentence
- Fix for lost content after changing status of post containing a
- Fix for visual glitch with buttons in Comments section
- Fix for problem recognizing valid URLs during set up
It usually take a few hours for the new version to appear on the App Store. If you don’t see it immediately, hang tight just a bit longer.
We’ve already begun working on the next version, too — as always, you can follow our progress on the Making WordPress for iPhone blog.
* WordPress for iPhone is Open Source, just like WordPress itself. The absolute fastest way to add the features you want to the app? Do what Jeff did — submit your own code.🙂